Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 1 & 2 - LA - Tucson, AZ - Las Cruces, NM - El Paso, TX

Papa Wheelie, Inc. President, Matt Koblick signing in for the first entry of the Los Angeles to Daytona Bike Week- Round Trip Promotional Tour. My goal on this trip is to visit 100 dealerships and bike builders delivering samples and information on our products. As a relative start-up with success over the past 8 months in business we are looking to solidify our place in the market in 08'. This trip is just the beginning. Big thanks to our loyal customers who helped get this company off to a booming start last year with your positive feedback and support. My commitment to you is that Papa Wheelie will continue to deliver the most advanced cleaning products for your bike and we will keep adding new products to make cleaning easier so you can do what you like best....ride!

The trip began on Sunday as I left for Phoenix. There is nothing to report as no shops were visited. Day 2, however was much more eventful as I took off early en route to Tucson, AZ. Never been, but anyone who has driven through Arizona knows that there is not much to look at. As I rolled in to Tucson on the I-10 there is so much construction you can't enter or exit the freway for nearly 10 miles and of course I missed my exit. Lucky for me when I was able to get off I found a Big Dog/Victory Dealership, the largest I had ever seen so I made it my first stop. Followed by All American Motorcycles, if you ever stop by tell Hal - Parts Manager that Papa says,"hi", then Harley of Tucson, they are moving to a huge new facility in April(FYI - if your ridin' through), a few more shops... Oh, if you ever get out to Barnett's Las Cruces Harley Davidson - Harold can give you recommendations on where to go for fun at any US bike event. Thanks for the tips in Daytona, Hal. I can say is that in each of the dealerships I visited today in Arizona and New Mexico, I met with some of the friendliest people...let's see if they take some product?

As I crossed into New Mexico I had a nice conversation with Officer Tate who clocked me going 83 in a 65. I can't believe that on only the second day I am about to get a ticket...that's going to make for a sloooooowwww trip the rest of the way. Tate comes back with the clipboard and proceeds to tell me that he is going to give me a written warning....."A WARNING!"....they can do that? I'm from L.A. 18 miles an hour over the limit is good for a large ticket and in some cases a beating. I signed and cheered as I drove off like I just stole something.

I spent the night in El Paso, TX. It's really no joke that everything in Texas is bigger. I entered the state and needed to stop at a Rest Stop, you know to handle some business. The first Rest Stop on the 10 is nearly as big as the Taj Mahal....not only did they have bathrooms, but visitor info....I understand that Texas is a big state, but this was rediculous. Anyway, ate dinner at Jaxon's Brewery, not too bad. Time for bed because I am Tired. Signing off.

No comments: