Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 10 - Daytona Beach, FL

Signing on for Day 10 in Daytona Beach.

Woke up this morning sleep deprived from a night full of loud exhaust blows. That's the story here with all these bikes. I don't so much mind it during the day, but between 2am and 6 am I could do without. I hit main street, the heart of everything that goes on for the week....Bars, half-naked women and bikes galore. Harley took over the convention center and turned it into a showroom full of bikes and accessories....a Harley lovers dream. Following the exhibit I walked outside just in time for 'The Sphere' exhibition...you know the one where 2 guys ride their bike round-and-upside down inside a small sphere...this time the announcer was standing at the bottom. That was kind of fun.

Main street was packed with tens-of-thousands of bikes and the Boot Hill Saloon seemed to be one of the hot spots..this place was packed. I took some interesting photos that I posted to the right...I had so many so I had to choose just a few. If anyone is in the market for a bike made of bones that you cannot ride, with a druken Armadillo....it's only $100K.

After hours of walking and talking I took a ride out of town and took a break from the craziness and sat by the beach for a while.

After a crazy, interesting, but fun filled day I tried to get some sleep early...we'll see if that works.

Signing out...

No comments: