Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day 14 - 15 - ????, AR/Little Rock, AR/Erick, OK, Santa Fe, NM

Kobs signing in for Day 14 & 15 Reports....

Waking up in Marion, AR made me anxious to get on the road. I have already lost one day and I don't intend on losing another. That's what I though... I left at 7:30 am didn't arrive in Little Rock until 1:00pm due to the ice on the road. Needless to say the past two days have been disappointing. There were only three shop visits today before I begin to head west on I-40. Unfortunately I will be by passing Dallas, TX and Oklahoma City, OK as I cannot extend the trip any longer and all shops are closed on Sunday.

Jones Harley-Davidson, North Little Rock, AR - I met with Jeff Bennett, Parts consultant. Jeff was very helpful. The shop is nice and extremely quiet today due to the ice and snow. That works OK for me as it gives me more time at the shop. As most Harley shops this one prides itself on Customer service and making sure that they deliver on promises.

BMW Motorcycles of Little Rock, AR - Anthony Jett, Parts Manager - This shop was extremely busy, as there was a BBQ going on. They were cooking up burgers and dogs in the freezing cold...that's dedication. Not to mention that there was a packed house. Anthony helped me as soon as I walked up to the parts counter and was very nice. Notably this is the first shop
, since day 3, where I didn't even ask for a picture because they were so busy I didn't want to get in the way. Overall the shop had a nice family feel to it.

Jones Harley-Davdison, Little Rock, AR - Tony Barela, Parts Consultant - Very friendly shop. Tony and I had a 15 minute conversation. I learned that Tony bought his first leather jacket in that store nearly 20 years ago...now he works there. Very personable and passionate store. Nice selection of bikes.

Well that's it til Monday. I stopped in Erick, OK to sleep this evening...nothing too special.

Day 15.....

Woke up with only a 7 hour drive to look forward to this morning...I am definitely beginning to feel worn out from all the driving and a bit disoriented from not seeing anyone that I know for the past couple of weeks(except the Elichman family). Goo thing that I roll into Santa Fe, NM tonight to have Dinner with Rhonda Watson....that's my friend Brandon's Mom. I have known Rhonda since I was 11 years old.

There is something about New Mexico. I have driven through the state 4 times in my life...twice in the past 2 1/2 weeks and every time it gets more amazing. The landscapes, the sky...I really can't explain, but it is just beautiful out here.

As I drive up Rhonda is waiting outside for me and gives me a nice warm hug, that is just what th Dr. ordered. We sit and talk for a while and then decide to go out for dinner....it was just like hanging with an old friend. I received a short tour of the Santa Fe area...What a great place. We had a great time.

Time for bed...Signing off...til' tomorrow.

No comments: