Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 11 - Daytona, FL - Atlanta, GA

Kobs signing in for Day 11.

Last night was pretty much as loud if not louder than the night before. I was up about every 1/2 hour so I am a bit edgy this morning.  Still up early packed up and ready to hit the road.  Wish I could stay for the races next weekend, but I have work to do. 

I had to head north instead of heading down to Orlando due to some time constraints.  I need to get through Oklahoma City before Sunday or else I lose a whole day.  So here goes....

First 2 stops were Bruce Rossmeyers, Daytona & New Smyrna....Bruce know how to throw a party....two parties for that matter.  I couldn't get a parking spot anywhere near eaither shop and there must have been thousands of bikers at each.  I decided this was probably not the best time to go find a manager at these stores and give out some samples...I'll get'em later.

Hollingsworth Harley-Davidson, St Augustine, FL - This is Florida's oldest Harley dealrship.  I met Jack "JB" Baker who was very accommodating.  They have a nice shop here and they are doing some renovations as the shop recently changed owners.  They have a lot of new bikes and the just added a "Custom Corner".  If you are in the area this shop is worth the stop and tell JB Papa says, "Hi".

Tifton Harley Davidson, Tifton, GA - I saw the sign on the freeway for this shop.  This is a great little shop with real personality.  Mike, Parts Manager was real personable and graciously took the sample kit.  I like the small town feel of this shop and everyone was so friendly.  We talked for a while and I found out this shop also just changed owners and they are going to build a new dealership.  The location is right off the freeway so you can't miss it.

Harley-Davidson of Macon, Macon, GA - This shop was actually closed when I pulled up, but the door was unlocked.  I figured that since I don't get around these parts too often I would just let myself in.  I was well received and was able to deliver the goods.  I met Jimmy Hendrix.....Yep, that's his name, in sales..that's him on the right without his guitar.  This dealership was nice and they have been around for 61 years.  

I will have much more tomorrow as I have targeted Atlanta, GA & Birmingham, AL then I rest my head in Memphis, TN.  So until tomorrow I am signed off.

No comments: