Saturday, March 1, 2008

Day 7 - Baton Rouge, LA - New Orleans, LA

Signing on for Day 7. I woke up this morning with a fire in my belly to get going. I have 7 total stops, 2 in Baton Rouge and 5 in New Orleans. Then I get to take the afternoon off and spend time with my buddy Marc Elichman and his family. So let's get going.

Herbert Cycles, LLC is the first stop on the list. A nice small shop in Baton Rouge. There was a small group of riders out front and a bunch of people inside. I introduced myself to Richie behind the parts counter and handed him an UberMoto Sample Kit. It just so happens that Richie does the detailing so I had come to the right place. We talked a bit and he agreed to give the products a try.

Harley-Davidson/Buell of Baton Rouge, Inc. was next up. I introduced myself to Ms. Donna, the owner. She is on the floor making sure that her customers are being taken care of. Ms Donna introduces me to Robert Edling, the parts manager. Robert took 10 minutes to talk with me. When I asked him what was unique about his shop, he first stated that he wasn't a poet...then Robert came up with the phrase, " we take business personally." I think that is very poetic. I wish most people felt that way about their business. Robert, maybe you should be a poet!

New Orleans Power Sports in Kenner, LA has some friendly and honest employees. They were very upfront about the fact that they had no market in their store for polishes. They did however, make some recommendations of some shops to hit in the area.

New Orleans Harley-Davidson, Metairie, LA was one of my longest and most fun stops yet. First off they're having a BBQ. Steve Wollak, Parts Manager is very energetic and seems to have a great time at work. The attitude at this dealership is contagious because everyone seems to be having just as much fun as Steve...I know I was. Steve introduced me to Spencer and Jeff, of Al's Motorcycle Services, LLC. Needless to say there were a lot of samples handed around here. Steve, Amanda and I took a photo together and 45 minutes later I left the dealership feeling like one of the family.

New Orleans Harley-Davidson Shop, Gretna, LA is the sister shop to the Metairie store. So they were also having a BBQ. As I drove up I saw someone detailing bikes on the side. I grabbed a bottle of Hog Spray and a towel and introduced myself to Arlo. Arlo is they guy to go see if you need your bike to gleam. Arlo made the intro to Dave Gross, Service & Parts Director for both stores. Dave and I began to talk and realized that were are from the same place...Studio City, CA. Dave has lived in 10 states, but thinks that Louisiana is his last stop. The people at this shop looked like they were having as much fun as the Metairie shop. They must put something in the water in New Orleans.

Mike Bruno's Northshore Harley-Davidson was the last stop and the only thing standing between me and my first time off since last Saturday so I was anxious to get out there. The shop is in Slidell, LA which means it is about 30 minutes from my last stop. I do get to go over a really long bridge to get there which makes for some nice scenery. I meet Dave Collie, Sales Manager, who seams interested in the sample kit that I have just given him. We'll give him some time to test it out and see what he thinks.

That's all for the day...Now for some R & R before my 10 hour drive tomorrow.
Signing off on Day 7.

No comments: