Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 16 & 17 - Santa Fe, NM - Scottsdale, AZ - HOME, CA

Signing on for the final leg of the trip....sorry to leave everyone hanging.

The last few days of the trip have consisted of a lot of driving and not many Dealer Visits. For anyone who has not been to Santa Fe...Go! I have said it before, but there is just something special about New Mexico.

This morning I woke up and stopped at Santa Fe Harley...a very friendly place and quite busy, considering that it had just snowed yesterday. I met Larry in service, who was super-nice and spent a little time talking. They are always on the look-out for some new products. We'll see what they think.

Thunderbird Harley-Davidson/Buell, Abuquerque, NM - is the largest shop in New Mexico and a nice one. Miguel Padilla, Service Manager introduced me to Health who is the lead detailer in the shop. Heath and I spent about 10 minutes talking shop and I handed off some samples. Hew agreed to use them ans I was on my way.

Next stop Scottsdale, AZ....the Anderson's....Grace is my AZ mother and takes great care of me when I come in. When I arrived Grace was out to dinner with friends, but left a stocked fridge....left over brisket and a roll for a brisket sandwich, fresh fruit, Homemade wild-rice soup and cookies...Yum! I had a small Mosquito incident, but we don't need to get into that. When Grace got home we talked for a while and then she went to sleep and I got some work done.

The following morning I woke up and hit the road. I had a few follow up appointments at some local shops ad then I was on my way home to surprise my wife a day early.

This has truly been an adventure and I have been blessed to be able to take the time to see the country, in a way that few get to these days. I have learned a lot about the country, my industry across the South and most of all about myself.

Thanks for taking the journey with me.....It is nice to be home!

No comments: