Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 13 - Memphis, TN - ????, AR

Kobs signing in for an interesting Day 13.....

I woke up this morning a bit tired and got started a little late. Knowing that a large storm is coming in from Little Rock, AR and I am supposed to be driving there may have something to do with my procrastination today. As I pack up the car at 10:00 am the frozen rain begins to fall, at first lightly. I take off and visit the first 3 dealers and a quick stop at Graceland(Hi Elvis) in the Memphis area, however as I took off for Little Rock, AR that's when things got interesting. The Blizzard...well it didn't start that way and this California boy decided that he could handle a little snow on the roads. Anyway, to make a long story short...that's why I ended up in ???, AR

Rossmeyer's Southern Thunder Harley-Davidson, Horn Lake, MS - Shawn Atkins, Parts Manager was extremely friendly...actually everyone at the shop was friendly. Their sister shop is the Graceland shop...they carry Thunder Mountain Customs and Arlen Ness Custom Bikes. There is a real comfortable feel to this shop...I can't really explain but it's there.

Graceland Harley-Davidson, Memphis, TN - Had to stop by..."the King " knew how to live. Elvis' house does not disappoint and his jet "Lisa Marie" isn't too bad either. If you haven't been then you don't know what I am talking about. This is a definite 'Must See' if you are in Memphis.

Bumpus Harley-Davidson, Memphis, TN - Nice big shop with lots of inventory. The Bumpus family of shops has 4 shops and according to Nick & Mike it is a great place place to work...They take care of their employees and their customers.

Performance Plus, Memphis, TN - BMW,etc. - I have now been to nearly 70 shops on this trip and I have not had a negative thing to say. This shop is a 'NIGHTMARE'. I stood around for 5 minutes until someone at the parts counter even looked up....It is snowing outside and there is no one there. The shop was not well kept, the people were not friendly..actually Rude and they had a dismal inventory. My take..they are the only BMW shop for 100 miles, that's the only reason they are in business. Do yourself a favor...drive to the next one.

Moving on....Signing off.

No comments: